Optimet's Nano 9000 sensor was used to measure a color filter. The main industrial inspection of the
color filter involves the measurements of the gaps between the cells and depth of the cell. At scan steps
of 2um the Nano 9000 has an excellent lateral resolution.
Two types of measurements tests were performed on the customer's color filter sample:
All samples were measured with good results.
- Color filter glass thickness
- Color filter RGB structure
1. Optimet's Advantages over Other Technologies:
1. Excellent lateral resolution
2. Ability to measure thickness of transparent materials in a single measurement
3. High measuring rate of 6KHz with no averaging.
4. Small device – 92x65x33 mm
2. Results and Observations
Test #1 – Color Filter Glass Substrate Thickness and Roughness Measurements
Test # 2 – RGB Lateral Dimension and Gaps Between the Color Cells
Observations to figs. 4‐5 and table 1:
The feature widths conform to the optical comparator result. Looking at the comparator values and
comparing to the measured values we can conclude:
Measured values are similar to the nominal values (4‐6 microns deviation)
|Working Range (mm)
|Stand Off (mm)
|Max. Data Rate (KHz)
|Application Category || ‐ |
Download Color Filter file (pdf)